Pictures often convey what we struggle to put into words. Add a great praise & worship song and the message of the image explodes with greater meaning. We thought you might enjoy a visual summary report this month, so we put together a video highlighting some of our favorite ministry and outreach activities from our first 90 days serving with Hospital Shalom in the Petén, Guatemala.
Key accomplishments from the first 90-days:
- Secured permanent housing in Guatemala -- (and kept it lizard-free!)
- Distributed the 200 Amazing Gospel Comic Books that you provided
- Identified specific nationals God is connecting us with for ongoing discipleship
- Led devotions for patients; and in the weekly sessions for the national staff
- Ministered through outreaches in four rural communities
- Provided key organizational and administrative support for the prosthetics team; and worked with members of three other visiting teams. (If you haven’t watched the video above, don’t miss it …talk about strides of victory!)
- Moved the 2nd Floor construction project forward toward completion
When we go back after the first of the year (2013)
- Bible Training School begins under the direction of David Ewing. David, Tim Spurrier and I (Rod) will be teaching in the 9-month, weekly program – and we are very excited about what God has in store through this part of the ministry.
- We will continue to lead devotions in the daily/weekly rotation
- Help with outreaches and visiting teams
- Complete the construction on the 2nd Floor
It was a VERY busy first-90-days, and the pace quickens for the coming year, but we know that His grace is enough. We are so grateful for your heart for God’s work, for your ongoing faithful support and for the enormous blessing of your prayer covering.
Rod & De
Crescent Lake Christian Center, 1250 Saint Louis Avenue, Excelsior Springs, MO 64024